Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday To Me

I, Zoe, am age 5 as of today - 1 January 2009I reached the milestone age of 5 today and would like to take some time to reflect on my life thus far.
Here are some points of note:

~Leaving the Royal Oak Animal Shelter in August 2004. The people were nice but they named me "Reba". This is something I have worked very hard to forget.
~Playing ball in my back yard for the first time.~Destroying some fun toys:


~Enthusiastically learning to swim:


















~Summitting Mountains:
~Okay, there were a few indignities:
But still, lots of memorable stuff.
~Fun times in the car:~The surprise arrival, by stork, of my "little" brother:~Camping:











~Playing in the snow:There are many things I did not include because time is limited (Rodney needs the computer), but someday I would like to recount more of my life story. For instance: more detail of meeting the people who would become my family when I was at the shelter (and was flea-bitten and embarrassingly shabby), the day my left ear decided to stand straight up, the time the lure of adventure enticed me through a weak spot in the fence and lead me down the street for mischief, my impressive performance in "manners" class at the Michigan Humane Society, plus many other things.

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

No comments: